Thursday, March 22, 2012

Why I haven't been blogging much

I really was going to write about this topic this week, but now I just feel like I am stealing from my friend at A Chosen Child since she wrote about it, too!

In no particular order~

I most definitely can't type a sentence while Emily is awake now, much less garner thoughts into a cohesive post! The laptop isn't even allowed to be within her reach anymore, because she can easily open it right up, turn it on, and start typing (banging) to her delight. So this relegates typing to nap time (most days an hour long) or after her bedtime.

And I have been t.i.r.e.d. lately. I am not pregnant, but some days I sure do feel like first trimester fatigue has derailed me by 6:30pm. Must be toddler-induced fatigue. :-) I can sit in front of the computer for a long time in the evenings and read tons of things, but it is hard to muster up my typing fingers to really let the thoughts flow freely.

I've been babysitting some adorable babies lately, which has been super duper fun but also has taken away that naptime hour for myself or has replaced it with cleaning up two tornadoes instead of one.

Writing just hasn't been a priority lately as I have so many things I want to read about instead of writing about my own life. Hopefully some of the reading I do will come out on these pages, too. It is good to share what we learn!

So all that to say, I don't want to neglect this little blog much longer. As it has mostly become an online scrapbook of Emily's life, I will probably post soon about what she's enjoying lately lest I let this amazing season called toddlerhood slip from my memory. But I hope to branch out of that, too, and talk about things my mind's been pondering lately. Like why community can be hard and why I have a love---run-away-from relationship with it. And a top ten list of things I look forward to doing this spring/summer (winter is finally leaving!!!!) And What's a Proverbs 31 woman look like for today? (otherwise known as Do I need to be a seamstress or a morning person?) Stay tuned! Hopefully I'll churn them all out by the end of April!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your future blogs, especially the Proverbs 31 one.

    ReplyDelete