Monday, May 21, 2012

Mimi's visit

So I have to start this post by asking the age old question: Do grandparents pick their names or do the children decide on their own? All the grandparents from this family had names picked out whether from histories with other grandchildren already or from desires to follow in previous grandparent fashion. So far Emily has done quite a bit of rearranging! Grandpas have become Papas, Grandma is {quack, quack} because Emily associates her with making duck sounds with her when she was a year old. And my mom was Mema until she visited this week and became Mimi! My stepdad laughed when he heard that my mom's name had been changed already by Emily, because my sister and I both changed our names at a young age. Guess it's in our genes!

Having my mom with us for a few days was so much fun! I think this was a record 5 months apart for us, so I was eager to have the time to catch up again. We lost no time diving into trips to the park, the dairy, the science museum, and Central Market in addition to painting, drumming, and playing hard at home. Emily couldn't get enough of her! I was glad for the opportunities for them to bond and am thrilled that Em and I will be making our way to TX soon for another chance to make more memories.

Here are some pics from the trip:






1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun visit from Mimi. My older sister picked my dad's name when she had her first. She picked Popo for my dad and my mom picked her name, Gigi. So far my niece is 3 and thats what she calls them. We will see with my little guys what he decides :)

    ReplyDelete