Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Highlights of the week

I like to write down my blessings whenever I can so that when I'm having a hard day, I can look to the Lord and look at His sweet gifts as reminders that life is so wonderful! I'm not having a hard day, but I thought I'd write out some fun moments from the past week or so anyway.

This morning was a sweet start! Emily has been sick for a couple days, and last night she conked out (thanks to the doc's nod of approval to give a little Benadryl). She slept 11 hours without a peep or a cough!! Woke up happy at 6:30 this morning, and I woke up rested and happy at 6:30 this morning, too.

Because it is a little colder in the house and probably because she was still a little drowsy from the Benadryl, Emily wanted to snuggle a lot this morning. Oh what a heavenly gift to Mama! E was not a snuggler at all as a baby, and I felt I missed out on something not getting to have many times where she was content in my arms. Lately she's been very affectionate with lots of hugs throughout the day but still hasn't wanted to curl up and rest with me. This morning we snuggled for at least 10 minutes in the rocking chair, and she kept nuzzling,sighing, and saying "mmm". :-)

Got a box of hot chocolate packets from the grocery for $1.25. Well spent :-)

Visited Philly for the first time with Emily last Friday, and got to see one of my favorite people in the whole world-- Allison! Allison was up from Texas for a conference, and we got to spend a day hanging out, touring the city, and catching up. Such a treat! Also made me want to go back and do some of the children's sights next summer with Greg and Emily. The children's museum and the aquarium would be sooo fun for her by next year. While we were there, Allison and I tried our first "official" Philly cheesesteaks. I have to say that though it was tasty, I don't think I'd feel compelled to do it again. Cheez Whiz and steak-- really? This is world famous? Haha.

Was blessed to have some me and Jesus time on Saturday when I went to a morning women's retreat. The speaker had some powerful words to share about walking in the footsteps of Christ. I have been reminded this week by some events that God is well aware of my heart and delights to be the leader and Lord of my heart. Isn't it so good when we can see our hearts in light of God's goodness and his careful covering? When He adjusts our thoughts, plans, and ways to be in agreement with His? Isaiah 55:8 says "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work" (The Message translation). Such a treasure to me to put my life in His hands again and ask for the opportunity to align my ways with His.

1 comment: