Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Blessings

We were on the road (ok, air) this year and made it back to Houston for a great visit with family! This is the last Christmas to only buy two plane tickets, and we were so happy to be able to get back home this year. It was a whirlwind trip going from Greg's parents to my dad's to my mom's, but we managed to really soak in the time and have lots of fun. All three of us were filled to the brim with yummy food and sentimental gifts and left with a feeling of fullness of heart and soul. It is good to be surrounded by loved ones over the holidays. I have to confess that with all of the traveling and watching after a busy toddler in full exploration mode, I did not take the time to let Christ's birth saturate my heart. That is the cornerstone and chief concern of Christmas, but it did not have a central place in my day to day celebrations this year. I hope that as I round the bend and look toward Easter I will be able to focus my eyes upon the cross and worship my Savior.





















1 comment:

  1. It is definitely a challenge to keep Christ in Christmas sometimes…even as a Christian. I will join you in the challenge for Easter. Appreciate your honesty.
    You all look so good. Emily is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete